Sunday 23 July 2017

Jennifer's Juicy Planner





Hi Folks!

I must have said this a million times over the last couple of months, but I'm genuinely so excited to finally share my first ever post on the Mrs Brimbles Sticker Club design team. And what better way to kick things off than with the super cute Juicy Frootz sticker set. The designs are cute, colourful -  everything I love about Anna's artwork really. 



To create my spread I started off with my Tim Holtz distress inks in Festive Berries, Spiced Marmalade and Mowed Lawn, and an ink blending tool. I used these to add some patches of colour to the background of my spread, to compliment the colours in the spread. Next I go in with washi tape from my stash, to reinforce the areas where the holes are punched, as well as to add extra interest. Since my planner spread is ultimately to keep my week organised, I then add my to do lists and place half boxes and a messy circles to draw attention to notable events throughout the week. Next I used functional stickers from the kit and from my stash to emphasise certain tasks I need to complete. Finally, I fill in any blank spaces with deco stickers - which, of course, is my favourite part of all. Anna also included some great phrase stickers which I love. And there you have it, week 30 sorted!

Spotlight on handlettering in planner spreads.

My handlettering is nowehere near as good as I'd like but adding it to my planner spreads is a great way to add interest to the page as well as to highlight important events.

There are lots of sources of inspiration on Pinterest and some great tutorials on YouTube. I've also bought myself a couple of books and  I'll be taking an online course in my week off next week so hopefully the practice will eventually pay off!
Finally I'll leave you with a closer picture of my spread and a list of the products I used:

Planner Inserts: Kate Spade

Stickers: Mrs Brimbles July Sticker Club (Juicy Frootz), Anna's Planner Bubble (shopping bag and weighing scales stickers), Chocho and Mimi ('don't forget' panda sticker), beautiful planning (emoji sticker)

Washi Tape: Freckled Fawn (orange), MT (black polka dots)

Other: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Festive Berries, Spiced Marmalade, Mowed Lawn), Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool



It's been a real pleasure to share this all with you and I look forward to seeing you all again next month - happy planning everyone!

Blog: https://www.jenniemayescrafts.blogspot.co.uk/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jenniemayescrafts/

Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/jsm1616/jennie-mayes-crafts/ I've also attached the pictures and text as separately just in case there's any problems with the above. All the best Jennie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment