Wednesday 1 November 2017

Grace's Gift Tags and Planner Pages


It's Christmaaaaaas!

Well... almost. As I write this it actually isn't even Halloween yet, but I'm trying to be super prepared this year. My birthday is in mid December and my goal is to get everything Christmas card and gift related completey sorted by then so I can really enjoy the season. And some Christmassy Brimbles stickers have helped me on my way to that goal!

I started out doing something a bit different, as I fancied trying something new with the stickers. And so I made some gift tags!


I made the tags on my silhouette machine with some standard Christmas cardstock, but they're very simple shapes it would be very easy to draw and cut them or use a die cut machine. The cardstock needed to be something simple so the pattern wouldn't take attention away from the stickers. I cut up the washi strips, as well as some red and green glittery washi I had in my stash, and layered them at the bottom or sides of the tags, then added the cute mice from the decorative sheet as the main elements. 

Then looped either some Christmas ribbon or washi through the top of the tag and they were done! A really simple craft but I think quite effective. The tags are super cute and will look great either on gifts or in the pockets of my Christmas planner. I could also use them in happy mail, as bookmarks, and even as decorations.



Next was my usual sticker project, which was to decorate a week in my personal size planner.


There was quite a lot of layering and sticker clustering involved in this spread - one of my favourite things to do! Here are some close ups:




With some of the remaining stickers I decorated some pages in my Christmas planner, just to add a bit of fun to some otherwise plain pages.





With the remaining checklist and other functional stickers, I'll be using them in my Christmas planner as and when needed to make to do lists, shopping lists, or highlight important things.


This month's kit has certainly made me feel way more Christmassy than I usually do two months before the event, I hope my projects have given you some ideas and inspiration. Thanks so much for reading!



Grace @ms.paperlover


No comments:

Post a Comment